Sharing Panel Extensions¶
You can share your awesome Panel extension(s) in the following ways
- Share working code examples with screenshots on HoloViz Discourse.
- Contribute as a notebook to the Panel Gallery.
- Contribute as code to the Panel Repository.
- Distribute as a Python package PyPi, Conda or similar.
- Share as a blog post on Medium or similar
- Share as a repository on GitHub or similar.
- Share on social media like Twitter, LinkedIn or similar.
- Contribute it to the Gallery at awesome-panel.org or the awesome-panel-extensions package.
You contributions matter. Thanks. 👍
Distributing Your Extension on PyPi¶
Sharing one or more extensions as a package on PyPi requires packaging your Python project as you would do for any other Python project.
The Packaging Python Projects guide describes this.
If your extension contains Bokeh extensions, you have to make sure your bokeh
bokeh.ext.json and your build
distfiles are shipped with your package.
- In setup.py you need to set
include_package_data=Trueto enable the use of a
- Your Manifest.in file then needs to include something like
include awesome_panel_extensions/*.json include awesome_panel_extensions/index.ts include awesome_panel_extensions/bokeh_extensions/*.ts graft awesome_panel_extensions/dist